ibycus topo on garmin 541s

jamiebutt24

I just purchased a new garmin 541s and I would like to put the ibycus topo on it but everytime I try it pops up on the screen say that the "map format not supported" I installed topo Canada on it with no trouble but I really would like the ibycus topo installed due to the detail is much better with the bog systems on it. can someone please help me out. thanks

I'd have a look at the graphics requirements if everything else seems to have loaded... raster or vector.

That often messes up visual systems... I don't use Ibycus and certainly not a 541s... a quick scan of the ads provided no hint, so it would be necessary to do some comparisons perhaps or find the manual for all of the above.

Which does Ibycus use and what is used by the maps listed as compatible with the 541s.

What about OSM maps?

Doug 7rxc

The Ibycus maps are standard vector maps. They are a free map developed by....Ibycus....

The GPSMAP 541 appears to be a marine unit (Chartplotter). It is compatible with BlueChart / G2 / Vision type maps, and the web page provides no indication that it is compatible with any non BlueChart / G2 / Vision type maps.

Ibycus Topo is most definitely NOT a BlueChart / G2 / Vision type map.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the OP is not going to get *any* topo map products, including Garmin's own Topo Canada to work on the GPSMAP 541.

Edited by northernpenguin

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the OP is not going to get *any* topo map products, including Garmin's own Topo Canada to work on the GPSMAP 541.

The OP stated he got Topo Canada working already.

The OP has vanished, so there is little point trying to help.

Can you provide some detail on what exactly you are doing? What operating system on the computer? Are the maps installed and working on the computer? How are you transferring to the GPS?

I am using Win 8 and the maps work fine on the computer. I transfer them to an SD card where the GPS reads the file name but wont display the map. I get the error message, Map format not supported. Garmin 541s with Software Version 4.60.

Thanks for your input.