MN Caches in area bad

n0odk

I found a couple caches in bad condition. Sees like some people like to have more caches out and maintain then less. I wish people that have 20+ more caches would cut back and make them better containers and less junk/business cards/and low maint. icon_mad.gif

Just make it more fun finding something good, not wet, and not junk. I don't take anything most times. Just the fun of hiking and looking. icon_smile.gif

I'm in Fergus Falls, and wish there were more caches available to hunt down. We've yet to hide our own, and hope it will bring some interest in the area.

We've done just about every cache within 60 miles of us. Can't wait for a few days in the Cities!

Jesse

KB0MDJ

---------------

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

quote:
Originally posted by Mike (n0odk) and Chi:

I found a couple caches in bad condition. Sees like some people like to have more caches out and maintain then less. I wish people that have 20+ more caches would cut back and make them better containers and less junk/business cards/and low maint. icon_mad.gif

Just make it more fun finding something good, not wet, and not junk. I don't take anything most times. Just the fun of hiking and looking. icon_smile.gif

So your second post EVER to the forums is to complain about cache hiders with many caches? As if KB had placed 80 fewer caches the ones that you found would be dry, or have better stuff in them?

BTW, a better use of the "mad" emoticon would be for someone who logs a find in a area that they've been to in the past, but never actually geocached in. Like an area that's been closed off due to a fire. That would make me icon_mad.gif.

I've hunted a few KB caches in the metro, and found most of them to be in good shape, in unique places, and well worth the hunt, especially if you're into "just the fun of hiking and looking." If you're not into a particular hider's style, feel free to stay away. But please don't criticize somebody for hiding caches.

-Craig/TeamCNJC

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took off through the thorns, chest high, ...

I been looking around at caches with others, and myself, also and noticed some could be in better containers and or bags. It is sad for me going to an area where there is a problem, and hoped someone maintained or help maintain them good. As for what I did, I re-hide better, make a suggestion to person to move in other area.(One area closed, one was trashed, one missing) I am just saying help make the hobby fun along with the hike. Some travel farther then others to search.

I think part of the game is maintain cache good, keep hidden from non-geos, ect.

I wonder if people get to much spread out with to many, maybe not. Sorry I am wrong then. I, in this post, did not point to anyone in particular, and not intended that way, and noticed in past with other person also that they had many, and not maintained. OK, maybe I am wrong then.

Yes I like GEOing. Maybe you can recommend a good one for me next weekend. I just didn't like seeing out in open or water logged or missing.

mike

im glad your concerned about the caches you've visited. But along as you've found these caches anyways why dont you fix them up?(new ziplocks, logs, items, maybe containers if you have them with you)

if you've found yourself somehow in a geo-junk hell, i would suggest you remove and request archive for the worst and adapt and replace the best. but only after you've attempted to contact the owner and posted your intent on the page.

quote:

I been looking around at caches with others, and myself, also and noticed some could be in better containers and or bags. It is sad for me going to an area where there is a problem, and hoped someone maintained or help maintain them good. As for what I did, I re-hide better, make a suggestion to person to move in other area.(One area closed, one was trashed, one missing) I am just saying help make the hobby fun along with the hike. Some travel farther then others to search.

I think part of the game is maintain cache good, keep hidden from non-geos, ect.

I wonder if people get to much spread out with to many, maybe not. Sorry I am wrong then. I, in this post, did not point to anyone in particular, and not intended that way, and noticed in past with other person also that they had many, and not maintained. OK, maybe I am wrong then.

Yes I like GEOing. Maybe you can recommend a good one for me next weekend. I just didn't like seeing out in open or water logged or missing.

mike

whack.gif

I had not carried bags before but will now. I like these new ones with plastic zip zipper. But I do hid better and think some should be checked on for direct path worn in to cache and I don't think it is my say to throw away something (Business cards or something else), plus maybe maintained the cache if should be moves due to ??? This could be done by owner also for it is his to move slightly or judge what he wants.

Anyway, I guess I recommend some maint to help keep nice. I h

quote:

But I do hid better and think some should be checked on for direct path worn in to cache and I don't think it is my say to throw away something (Business cards or something else), plus maybe maintained the cache if should be moves due to ??? This could be done by owner also for it is his to move slightly or judge what he wants.

Anyway, I guess I recommend some maint to help keep nice. I h

yes caches should be checked on, but if whoever placed the caches can't or just isn't then it's left to other local cachers icon_frown.gif

if you find something thats messed up, but did not fix it, then at least let someone know.(state any problems in the log when you post your find, or if your not comfortable doing that, send the cache owner a private email explaining any problems) Some caches are not checked on any certain schedule, if no one plainly states the cache need to be visited then the owner may not visit the cache.

ps-(owner to check post) may not work with everyone, when you get used the other cachers in your area you can "read" them. you know how they like to hide, and can "read between the lines". if one says, "there was some water in the cache", it might mean there was condinsation in the cache. If another says the same thing, they might be saying there was 1 inch of standing water in the bottom of the cache!

whack.gif

[This message was edited by welch on October 16, 2002 at 10:33 AM.]

I found a cache once that was a piece of glad-ware. It was full of water and everything in it was ruined. Me and my daughter were disappointed at first, then I remembered that if nobody took the time to place them, this game would not exist. KB takes the time to place a lot of caches, and the ones I have seen have been really good. I have also noticed too that if someone finds a problem with one, he is right on it to either fix it, or remove it. Thanks KB for all the caches.

Well,

Mike was whining here too?

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I've learned a bit over the past year. Most of my earliest caches were stolen or damaged. The later ones mostly are holding up. If I was intentionally going for numbers, the area would be littered with Gladware. I've NEVER used it.

11922_300.jpg