Magellan Explorist GC - Find Nearby Caches help

kittehkat

I've been caching with the iPhone app, but decided for a multitude of reasons (probably the same reasons as most people) to buy a basic GPS. After reading some reviews plus doing my own research it seemed like the Magellan Explorist GC would be about the closest to what I'm used to on the iPhone, so I went with it. One thing I love about the phone app is not having to download caches in advance.

But for my explorist GC, the instruction manual says the "View Nearby Caches" function is to Display on the map all the caches that are stored in the gps. Right now the only way I know to store caches in the gps is by sending them in advance from geocaching.com to the gps.

What I like to do is download the nearby caches when I'm already at a site (having to send them in advance from my computer is an extra step which is fine at times, but that I definitely don't always want to be bothered with). Please please please tell me there is a way to do this, and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks

Edited by kittehkat

I've been caching with the iPhone app, but decided for a multitude of reasons (probably the same reasons as most people) to buy a basic GPS. After reading some reviews plus doing my own research it seemed like the Magellan Explorist GC would be about the closest to what I'm used to on the iPhone, so I went with it. One thing I love about the phone app is not having to download caches in advance.

But for my explorist GC, the instruction manual says the "View Nearby Caches" function is to Display on the map all the caches that are stored in the gps. Right now the only way I know to store caches in the gps is by sending them in advance from geocaching.com to the gps.

What I like to do is download the nearby caches when I'm already at a site (having to send them in advance from my computer is an extra step which is fine at times, but that I definitely don't always want to be bothered with). Please please please tell me there is a way to do this, and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks

NOPE! The only thing you could do would bring a laptop with the cable and wifi to download nearby.