Seeking Donations for Christmas Event

nevadanick

Our 2nd annual Christmas Event in the Palm Springs, Calif area has been published and we are seeking geocoin donations for this event.

We try to have as many raffle prizes as possible to add to the appeal of the event. Any and all donations from our coining community would be greatly appreciated !! It's a fun Christmas gathering of all local and visiting cachers to celebrate the Holidays and to provide a venue to help our local kids in need.

*** below is part of the details describing our event ***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We ask our attendees to bring a new unwrapped toy (any age except infant) for OPTIONAL PARTICIPATION in a local agency (not the USMC) that conducts a Christmas Toy Drive for needy children in the Coachella Valley. They have provided a valuable service for many years and have a solid reputation in the Desert communities. (it's a local law enforcement agency)

We collect the toys and deliver them to the agency under the name of ALL COACHELLA VALLEY GEOCACHERS. GS requests that specific agencies NOT be mentioned or promoted in cache and event listings. Participating is NOT required and all geocachers are welcome to attend the event.

There are no special considerations for those who contribute to the toy collection ... just the warm personal Holiday glow that comes with knowing that you helped make the Holidays a little bit better for some of our local kids.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can help with a donation, please let me know through my profile e-mail. I am also listed in the Address Book maintained by the Maine Family.

Thank you !!!

So what would my "salesperson" of the year desire for a donation?

Your salesperson of the year would desire ... let's see ... :blink:

A raise (something above poverty level)

New company car (newer than the 1972 Pinto)

A reserved parking space (outside the impound lot)

4 days paid vacation this year (instead of the annual furlough)

A 'large' First Aid kit (since med insurance has been cancelled)

2 more shares of Enron stock (to boost my IRA holdings)

An expense account (the VISA prepaid expired 01/31/2005)

Newer company phone (than the one stamped "US Army 1952" on the side)

Shorter work week (24/7 is antiquated)

Updated work station (faster than the dual 5.25" floppy unit)

A company e-mail account (the string on the tin cup at my end broke last year)

oh yes ... about the donation ....

any geo-thingies or geo-coinies at all that my exhalted Task Master would care to donate for our event raffle.

The raffle for attendees is free.

Our Christmas Event for toy collections and geo-topics is our large event here for the year. It's the time

frame where we have the largest gathering of RV-type and vacationing snowbirds visiting the area here as

well as our regular geo-fanatics.

Anything at all that you are comfortable with would be most appreciated. ... B)

Our event is scheduled for Saturday, December 7th. Everyone reading this should attend and we'll make it a 'Mega' ... :D

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

A raise (something above poverty level)

New company car (newer than the 1972 Pinto)

A reserved parking space (outside the impound lot)

4 days paid vacation this year (instead of the annual furlough)

A 'large' First Aid kit (since med insurance has been cancelled)

2 more shares of Enron stock (to boost my IRA holdings)

An expense account (the VISA prepaid expired 01/31/2005)

Newer company phone (than the one stamped "US Army 1952" on the side)

Shorter work week (24/7 is antiquated)

Updated work station (faster than the dual 5.25" floppy unit)

A company e-mail account (the string on the tin cup at my end broke last year)

any geo-thingies or geo-coinies at all that my exhalted Task Master would care to donate for our event raffle.

Our Christmas Event for toy collections and geo-topics is our large event here for the year. It's the time

frame where we have the largest gathering of RV-type and vacationing snowbirds visiting the area here as

Our event is scheduled for Saturday, December 7th. Everyone reading this should attend and we'll make it a 'Mega' ... :D

GEEEEZZZZZZ

Just ask a simple question and now you act like a UNION REP going ballistic on me. I think the 72 Pinto is a collectors item and the phone still works even if there is a little background static.

First Aid kit is on the way!

email me your address again so I send it to the right place.

-snipped-

GEEEEZZZZZZ

Just ask a simple question and now you act like a UNION REP going ballistic on me. I think the 72 Pinto is a collectors item and the phone still works even if there is a little background static.

First Aid kit is on the way!

email me your address again so I send it to the right place.

I have Union Rights ... ??? :o .... I thought this was a 'Right To Work' state. ... work hard and you have the right to keep a job. ... :)

e-mail with addy sent. Thank you !!!

May I remind people that these forums are for geocoins, and trackable geocoin sales. You may not use these forums for the purpose of soliciting fundraising donations of money, or offering donations of money. Only geocoin donations are permitted under the special exception for this section of the forums. I have removed the offending posts.

May I remind people that these forums are for geocoins, and trackable geocoin sales. You may not use these forums for the purpose of soliciting fundraising donations of money, or offering donations of money. Only geocoin donations are permitted under the special exception for this section of the forums. I have removed the offending posts.

My apologies for several of us having a sense of humor. ... :sad: ... since no 'money' was ever volunteered, requested or offered.

My apologies for several of us having a sense of humor. ... :sad: ... since no 'money' was ever volunteered, requested or offered.

OK I meant to say your donation of geocoins is in the mail. GEEEEZ

It wouldn't look like tongue in cheek to an outsider, like say maybe the IRS. Just keep it geocoin related please.

A package from the Netherlands will be in the mail tomorrow, hope it will be there in time for the event !

We'll keep our fingers crossed. Based on past experience from .nl ... it should arrive in time.

Thank you !!! ... :)

Arrived today in plenty of time. Thank you so much Dave !!

This will be a gr8 Holiday event !!

a632fcee-9269-49f4-88bb-7b0664b71d77.jpg

A package from the Netherlands will be in the mail tomorrow, hope it will be there in time for the event !

We'll keep our fingers crossed. Based on past experience from .nl ... it should arrive in time.

Thank you !!! ... :)

Arrived today in plenty of time. Thank you so much Dave !!

This will be a gr8 Holiday event !!

a632fcee-9269-49f4-88bb-7b0664b71d77.jpg

You're welcome, have a great event !

Event complete. :D

A huge success. We collected over 50 toys for kids in the local area.

Attendees drooled at raffle time. Huge kudos to Laval K-9. DrNeal, Dofferson, mo pirate and kini_ont

for coin and trackable donations to add to the trackables already on hand from Bukibear.

An exceptionally awesome raffle tonight !! Thank you. :)

Edited by nevadanick