Geocacher Needed for Educaching near Omaha

spinwebby

I've rec'd a request from a 4th Grade teacher for a volunteer geocacher to help her Talented and Gifted class learn about GPS. She has access to 20 GPSRs, but would like a volunteer to help build a full learning experience for them.

If you are interested, post a message here so she can read them and respond to you directly. If you have educaching ideas, please post them under the "GPS in Education" forum. We are watching that forum, too.

THX!!!

SpinWebby

I now have more information on the kits the Iowa State Extension service is sending schools. They are giving them kits supplied with 10 eTrex GPSRs, compasses, protractors, maps, and 5 activities. A number of schools now have these kits and ISU Extension is looking for geocachers to help them.

If you are interested in volunteering to help these schools with GPS activities, please let me know. I can send PDFs of the activities as well as a photo of the kit.

Thanks to everyone for volunteering. Great Plains Geocaching (www.gpgeocaching.com) will be organizing a list of volunteers to help ISU Extension and any other schools looking for educaching volunteers.

SpinWebby

www.gpgeocaching.com