More New Feature Ideas

kovuisking

I am always trying to figure out how to better the site, and a couple more ideas I have to benefit the premium members came to mind, please feel free to let me know what everyone thinks. Yes with all changes some bad comes out of it but with those changes good can come out of it as well.

The ability for a person to change his name over without making a new account. Perhaps for example one was heavily into something in their life and they wanted to originally make a name reflecting the passion for the name. Later that passion of that thing fell through, and they wanted to name themself something else, but didnt want to lose all the caches that were attached to the name.

The good: This enables a user to move on and build up on their current interests.

The bad: When filling grids you might lose a letter. Adds +1 to the challenge there.

Second thing I was thinking about lately was for pathtag/coin owners to have the option to 'lock' the tag to themselves.

This would help with the accidental 'taking' from another person, for example. Someone meant to discover my name badge, well instead they 'took' it while I was wearing it. I know that I still had possession, but it would be nice if this option made sure people could not take what is not up for grabs or for trade at that time.

Let me know what you guys think!

Both of those features are currently available now.

You can change your username at any time that you want via http://www.geocaching.com/account/editprofile.aspx. Just click on the "Edit username" link. A username change will have no effect on your caches.

To prevent someone from "grabbing" a trackable from you, simply set the trackable to collectible and add it to your collection. Note that doing this will prevent you from dropping/visiting it into a cache as well.