Where is the documentation on corrected coordinates?

===sgb

I've been geocaching for years. Today I discovered that you can input corrected coordinates for a cache - I saw references in other forum posts.

So I go to geocaching.com help center and search for "corrected coordinates". Zero hits. Try just "corrected" - 1 result about trackables.

Groundspeak help and documentation is hopeless. It only works if you already know how it works and want a refresher. You can't find anything from scratch, especially when you don't know the right terminology.

So you resort to the forums where the search ability is ABYSMAL (not allowed to search for short words - make them longer! - but then they aren't the word I'm searching for!!!)

EVENTUALLY I found a reference to the pen symbol beside the coordinates on the cache page. This took me over 20 minutes to track down. Getting that info should have been quick and painless. So WHERE is the info describing the various features of the various pages and how do you get to it from a page of that type?

I've been geocaching for years. Today I discovered that you can input corrected coordinates for a cache - I saw references in other forum posts.

So I go to geocaching.com help center and search for "corrected coordinates". Zero hits. Try just "corrected" - 1 result about trackables.

Groundspeak help and documentation is hopeless. It only works if you already know how it works and want a refresher. You can't find anything from scratch, especially when you don't know the right terminology.

So you resort to the forums where the search ability is ABYSMAL (not allowed to search for short words - make them longer! - but then they aren't the word I'm searching for!!!)

EVENTUALLY I found a reference to the pen symbol beside the coordinates on the cache page. This took me over 20 minutes to track down. Getting that info should have been quick and painless. So WHERE is the info describing the various features of the various pages and how do you get to it from a page of that type?

The fastest way to find anything out on the site is to ask in the forums.

"Hey what is the 'pen' symbol/thingy by the coordinates for?" You'll get an answer in just a few minutes. :lol: