FOOEY!

Guest echo2000

Guest echo2000

itself was very nice. It would've been better had it not rained for most of the morning resulting in puddles and skeeters and had we more time to be leisurely about it. Nonetheless, it reinforced for me the fact that we all have to get out in the woods more. To be a part of the Earth and not (to be cheesy) apart from the Earth.

The trails meander and wind through woods, a mix of pines and basic deciduous flora. It was all pretty enjoyable and somewhat primeval. The recent rains had given everything a loamy smell.

We neared the site. The trail lead to a nice little fishing pond replete with a tiny waterfall and some very Huck-Finn-looking mini islets.

The trail continued into what was, more or less, a swampy area though you fellas from Louisianna would scoff. As is my usual modus operandi we bypassed the supposed site by 200 feet and had to back track.

We were so close.

30 feet away with a purported 30-35ft accuracy from the GPS. But light was fading.

I started looking under logs, inside trees, up in branches. I felt like the Croc Hunter: "Look at this beeyooootiful asp! Isn't he gorgeous?! Hey, yer a grumpy little snake!" I found everything but the cache. Atlantis, Jimmy Hoffa's body, you name it. Everything but what me and my GF sought. "Show me the cache, dammit!" But it was not to be.

I was not strong with the Force today. And, as I mentioned, the light was fading.

We backtracked and made like Carl Lewis and Jackie Joyner and triple-timed it back through the woods.

We made it back without getting the Jeep locked in and were empty handed but we learned a valuable lesson: Hunt when you've got enough light, dammit!

Personally, I think the cache may have gotten ransacked. Any ideas on how to verify this? E-mail the owner? Also, any of you ever go Hunting at night?

Ah well, there's always next time.

E2

Mark it as a un happy face. Live and learn. Sometimes the hider and the seeker are just not on the same wavelength and it's hard to find the cache. Although you do bring someone along, always better to have two looking. One without the GPS is usually the finder. If you like always email the cache owner. If nothing else it's fun to see what clues they will provide. Everyone does it different.

AZM