GPS failed to load GPX data from pocket query today

methylgrace

Hi all,

I run my regular pocket queries about once a week and transfer them to my Garmin (ETrex30) > GPX directory reliably. Today, I went out geocaching and only the waypoints were loaded. When I returned to my computer this afternoon, I checked my GPX files and they do indeed contain the correct data. Rerunning the query and transferring in the new files (overwriting the possibly corrupted files) does not fix the problem.

I found this thread on the topic [http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=303758 ], but it's cryptic because I don't know what the startup GPS files are, and where I can download 'fresh' versions. I am not convinced that this is the right route to go, however.

Can anyone suggest another thing to try? I'm leaving on vacation soon, and I would HATE to have to go paperless in foreign climes ...

[Mac OSXIntel osx10.6, but only 32bit, so I can't run Garmin Express]

Thanks, A-Team. I did go through several iterations of deleting GPX files. As it turned out, I was going to do a master reset as described by Garmin. I went through the backup instructions, and then tried to do a hard reboot. I clicked the Menu-Enter(Joystick) buttons at the same time, then clicked Light to start up hoping to get a "Do you really want to Reset?" option. Never got the question, it just loaded right up, sigh.

Anyway, there's this neat "Reset Settings" option in the menu and I ended up just doing that. It worked. Never needed the backup or anything.