May have opportunity to visit Iceland...

Greetings from the US!

I may have the opportunity to visit Iceland next summer on my way back from Germany. I would have a full day in Iceland (two nights) to do some sightseeing.

I am looking to see/do something unique to Iceland. I am traveling with my wife and two teenagers. Long hikes are probably not an option. I will have a rental car.

Of course, I would do some geocaching as well, but I would like to plan my day around sightseeing, and pick up just one or two geocaches that I could fit in.

Thank you!

Hi!

We recently spent 4 days on Iceland, with a few geocaches each day. Driving "the golden circle" is probably a must, and will take you to some of the most popular earthcaches + a few trads.

However, I have two other favourites, that might fit your travel company well:

Hot bathtube: http://coord.info/GC1VEJ9

A relatively short and easy hike, in an area with several mud pots and similar, ending with a nice bath in a hot river!

Exploring lava caves, length 20-350 meters, i.e. this one: http://coord.info/GC1PXCF

Well, we didn't find the geocache in the lava cave that we visited, but those 100 meters of adventure, colours, shapes, smells are priceless. The cave was just 15-20 meters from the parking area. There are several such cave geocaches, published by the same geocacher.

Good luck!