Two different icons for a cache that needs maintenance

stevenw54

When looking at a list of caches, a red wrench icon indicates that a cache needs maintenance.

However if one looks at a specific cache page, the attribute for a needs maintenance is an first aide kit icon.

In my opinion, there should just be one icon.

My apologies if this topic has already been brought up.

stevenw54

When looking at a list of caches, a red wrench icon indicates that a cache needs maintenance.

However if one looks at a specific cache page, the attribute for a needs maintenance is an first aide kit icon.

In my opinion, there should just be one icon.

My apologies if this topic has already been brought up.

stevenw54

At one time ANYWHERE you saw the Needs Maintenance Icon/Attribute it was a "First Aide Kit". Then Groundspeak made another much better mistake and changed only some implementations of NM to the Red Wrench. The others were not changed.

I wish this "feature" would just be eliminated. It was intended to represent sound and fury, but now it basically signifies nothing. Most owners don't understand how to manage it, so it is no longer anything to be avoided in a cache search. Just think of it now as a pretty Christmas Tree decoration that might remind the occasional cache owner to fix something. And then announce it in a note. Brilliant.

And as far as I know, you are the first to mention it. Another indication that nobody cares.

typo was a missing word - wow

Edited by Cardinal Red

Changed a short bit ago... the wrench shows in the info column. The "first aid" icon shows in the attributes (have not seen it in the info column for a while now, though). Hovering the cursor over either shows "needs maintenance".

Either way, they both fall to the wayside when CO maintenance is performed (and logged). So perhaps this is more of an owner maintenance issue than anything else. Perform and log the maintenance and they both "disappear".