The cache is there, but... the location moved!

Parsa

A bright light in the desert, an early morning phone call, an alien message, a difficult decryption, a real "spacecraft" and a cache full of otherwordly items... such was "First Contact" near downtown San Diego.

The caches in this two-part geocache are still in place, but the alien craft lifted off and moved! Really! This may be the first case of a cache remaining behind and the "location" moving. The Union Tribune in San Diego had an article covering the move today 11/20/02.

So, this is a case of a cache story coming true. I'll have to find a new location for my cache, the first of several I placed. Sad, but funny, too.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=17940

Parsa

1. The architect who bought the Futuro House has a hobby in which he gets old refrigerators, makes them into time capsules and buries them underground for future generation to find.

2. One of the reporters who wrote the Union Tribune article asked to interview me about geocaching and my First Contact cache.

Parsa