Multiple GPS Platform Question

I have the Magellan eXplorist GC and two of the Garmin Rino 110s. I have some questions:

1. In your experiene, which works best for geocaching its self?
  2. Does the Magellan Rino 110 offer the "paperless" geocaching? If not the110 model,but what about the120-130 models?
  3. I am very considerng giving my GC to one of the kiddos to use and I go out and get me an eXplort 610, or maybe 710. Mistake, or good choice?
  4. If I do get the 610, how much differene in perormance and accurraccy would actually notice?

Thanksfor all of your input. Any amount is greatly appreceated, Also, recommendatoins for other brands or models woul be greatly appreciated a well.

Stedman

The Rino 110 will take you to coordinates, but includes nothing else that will be specifically helpful when caching (e.g. paperless features, etc.).

That's true for the entire Rino series, even the 130. These also have a miniscule screen compared to caching-specific units. For that kind of money, take a look around at what an Oregon 450 will cost you, and the caching specific features that it offers. It will also hold 5000 caches vs. the 500 waypoints of the Rino.

Lol wow... I really need to make sure that I am not on my computer right when I take my Ambien haha. My spelling and grammar go WAY out the window lol.

Thanks for the reply. I went camping this weekend and was able to really sit down and focus on using all the options on both GPS devices. While I did have fun with both of them (geocaching and just hiking around and tracking everything), I did decide that I would really like to upgrade to something higher end. I also came up with some other questions that I will post in a different thread.

One thing I did notice is that I REALLY enjoyed the practial use of the radios in the Rinos. Can you recommend (or know of) any specific GPS that has the same kind of radio usage, but that is higher end for the GPS usage (for caching and other uses)? Do the radios have the ability of operating at further distances from each other if you jump up to something like the 130 or even the 655t?

The Rino was a neat idea but I don't think it's really worth having a mediocre GPS just to have a walkie talkie attached.

If I were you I'd focus on getting a good paperless capable GPS and get a couple of those FRS radios...you can get a decent pair for $50 or less.