Largest cache

Guest gnbrotz

Guest gnbrotz

Have you heard of any unusually large caches? I am contemplating burying a 22 gallon garbage can with larger than usual items in it (basketball, case of soda, etc.). This would be located on the private property of a family member as I obviously could not attempt this on public land. Any thoughts?

------------------

Greg

Guest jeremy

That would certainly be a HUGE surprise, finding something like that out in the woods.

I know that the Project APE caches are 3 feet long, but it pales in comparison to your idea.

How would you reach the bottom of it though? That would seem like a deep pit to me.

Jeremy

Guest Iron Chef

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

How would you reach the bottom of it though? That would seem like a deep pit to me.

You would have to make sure that there was a way to make sure that no critters could get in there. I can just imagine myself finding a cache like that with a snake (pissed as hell no less) in the bottom of the cache (then again that's just my luck). Otherwise I think it sounds like a great idea.

------------------

-Iron Chef

_ _ _________________ _ _

agefive.com/geocache/

"But a big booming voice from the sky is exactly what you have found..."

-Contact

Guest gnbrotz

The can I have in mind has a handle on either side. I would use a bungee cord across the top, between the handles to keep the lid secure. This would require leaving about 6 inches above ground which should be fairly easy to disguise in a wooded area.

As far as reaching the bottom, my wife says thats what you have kids for...Pick them up by the ankles and lower them down in. icon_wink.gif

------------------

Greg

[This message has been edited by gnbrotz (edited 03 June 2001).]

Guest gnbrotz

The can I have in mind has a handle on either side. I would use a bungee cord across the top, between the handles to keep the lid secure. This would require leaving about 6 inches above ground which should be fairly easy to disguise in a wooded area.

As far as reaching the bottom, my wife says thats what you have kids for...Pick them up by the ankles and lower them down in. icon_wink.gif

------------------

Greg

[This message has been edited by gnbrotz (edited 03 June 2001).]

Guest Road Kill

The biggest cache find I found was near Chicago. Called "Take A Ride" An honest to goodness large container. I didn't swap out even though it had some nice stuff inside.

------------------

Road Kill is grinning