Magellan 110 GPS

PAANE

Hi all, I'm new and haven't even found my first geocache. I just bought a Magellan 110 GPS and can't download stuff onto it. I have a MacBook Pro and am wondering if that's the problem. I also find that the closest cache to me is in America. I'm in Australia. How do I fix those issues?

The Magellan probably came pre-loaded with US caches. You should delete those out of the unit.

You should be able to download caches with the Mac. Here's a simple workaround if Magellan Communicator is not working for you:

1. Find a cache you're interested in downloading. Press the "LOC waypoint file" download button (unless you're a premium member - then pick the "GPX file").

2. Plug the GPS unit into your computer.

3. Open it like you would a usb drive - so you can see the folders inside.

4. There is a folder called "Geocaches." Delete the pre-loaded caches out of there.

5. Drag and drop the downloaded LOC file (or GPX file) into the Geocaches folder.

There you go!

According to the 110 manual, it appears that you may need to download Magellan Communicator before using "Send to GPS".

I do not know if it is specific for PC or Apple, but if so it will alert you to that via download options.

Nothing in the specifications state that the 110 unit is "pre-loaded" with any geocaches. The eXplorist GC though, is pre-loaded.

Thanks guys. I had all sorts of problems trying to install via my MacBook Pro so I contacted Magellan help via phone and they said it's not Mac compatible. I took it into work and installed the communicator on Windows7 so that issue has been resolved. My unit has US GeoCaches pre-loaded so when I ask to find near me I get the closest one is 14,000 km away in USA. I'm using my iPhone 5 now and it works great but I think I will have problems when out bush or out of phone tower range which is why I bought the Magellan. I'm going to give it a crack in a few weeks when I hit the Australian Alps - hope I don't get lost :unsure:<_<