Can't download to my GPS :(

I got a Magellan eXplorist GC and every time I try and download a cache to it, it doesn't read it. I download the program and it still doesn't read it as being there. Can anyone help?

Can you describe what you're doing when you're downloading the cache to the GPSr?

Here's a simple way to get geocaches into the eXplorist:

1. Run a pocket query

2. Download the pocket query - you'll get two .gpx files from this.

3. Plug the eXplorist into your computer and open it up like you would a usb drive - so you can see the folders inside.

4. Drag the geocaches gpx file into the folder called "Geocaches."

5. Drag the waypoints gpx file (it has "wpts" in the title) into the "Waypoints" folder.

Now you should have geocaches in your GPS unit... up to 1000 with just one PQ.

I got a Magellan eXplorist GC and every time I try and download a cache to it, it doesn't read it. I download the program and it still doesn't read it as being there. Can anyone help?

Can you describe what you're doing when you're downloading the cache to the GPSr?

Here's a simple way to get geocaches into the eXplorist:

1. Run a pocket query

2. Download the pocket query - you'll get two .gpx files from this.

3. Plug the eXplorist into your computer and open it up like you would a usb drive - so you can see the folders inside.

4. Drag the geocaches gpx file into the folder called "Geocaches."

5. Drag the waypoints gpx file (it has "wpts" in the title) into the "Waypoints" folder.

Now you should have geocaches in your GPS unit... up to 1000 with just one PQ.

I am a Garmin user, but I think my confusion is generic. You jumped directly from:

2. Download the pocket query - - - to - - - you'll get two .gpx files from this pretty darn fast. No mention of send the gpx file unzipped or must be unzipped. Such a detailed list of steps seems less than complete without that particular detail.

I am a Garmin user, but I think my confusion is generic. You jumped directly from:

2. Download the pocket query - - - to - - - you'll get two .gpx files from this pretty darn fast. No mention of send the gpx file unzipped or must be unzipped. Such a detailed list of steps seems less than complete without that particular detail.

Sorry.

Yes, unzip the the downloaded PQ and then you'll get the two GPX files.

Sorry.

Yes, unzip the the downloaded PQ and then you'll get the two GPX files.

For this reason, I always have the PQ e-mail me an un-zipped file. In fact, I'm not sure why they even bother zipping "large" PQ's these days because the gpx for even a 1000 cache file is still relatively small compared to the storage sizes and e-mail attachment size limits these days.