geocaching.com newsletter

rubberpaws

the weekly newsletter used to show all the new caches and events within 100 miles. now it only gives you 20 caches and they seem to be random within 49 miles. it doesn't list all the events within this range either. since I live 30 miles from a huge metro area with thousands and thousands of caches the newsletter was a way to see all the new caches especially any new challenge and looked forward to its delivery, now it useless since 20 random caches mean nothing. I have instant notification for up to 20 miles and used the newsletter for the others. can the old type of newsletter be restored, or this another new improvement that is useless?

Why did the weekly update change when it was just fine the way it was? The new weekly update email with only a few events - some close ones are not included. The 20 caches that are picked in a 39 mile radius is useless - I can get those on instant notification. We live in a remote area and the new caches that are over 30 miles are the ones we need to be informed of to plan our caching adventures. Please.....return to the old weekly notifications.

the weekly newsletter used to show all the new caches and events within 100 miles. now it only gives you 20 caches and they seem to be random within 49 miles. it doesn't list all the events within this range either. since I live 30 miles from a huge metro area with thousands and thousands of caches the newsletter was a way to see all the new caches especially any new challenge and looked forward to its delivery, now it useless since 20 random caches mean nothing. I have instant notification for up to 20 miles and used the newsletter for the others. can the old type of newsletter be restored, or this another new improvement that is useless?

Yes, it is a new improvement that is useless. You will also notice that they sucked all the color out of it as well and made it look as lifeless as the improved icons.

I suggest that you rely on the notification system. Make note that a notification can be centered on any spot, it does not have to be based on your home coordinates. You can create a notification that is centered in that metro area that is 30 miles away and simply forget about the newsletter. You are not likely to miss any news either.

I'd like to emphasize the complaints.

Mega Events: For some people it may be nice to know Mega-Events, but "8175.55 km NW - Washington - United States" maybe somehow to far for an european geocacher to attend. I think 500km are far enough for Mega-Events.

Nearby Events: I get noticed about events up to 300km away. Thats not nearby and very far for me to travel. Events in a 100km radius might be sufficent.

Recent Geocaches: The list of 20 caches is to few. I would like to have new caches in a pre-defined radius.

Is it possible to add some preference parameters on the account details page?

Greetings

Dillan