Multiple PQ.s in Garmin

jasmen04

I have a Oregon 450 and a Montana 650 can I download multiple PQ's into these GPS.

And will they be listed as separate PQ's. For example one is Named (Gulf Shores) and the

other is named (Oak mountain) . Just hoping that they are not all in the same file in

The GPS.

Thanks Again

Ronnie

Can't speak specifically to Oregon, but in my new 62 series when you load more than one gpx file of geocaches, they all display on the map and are mixed together. You don't know which one is in which file and don't actually "see" the file that it loads from on the GPS. Ought to be similar if not the same in the Oregon as they all use the same Garmin OS.

Can't speak specifically to Oregon, but in my new 62 series when you load more than one gpx file of geocaches, they all display on the map and are mixed together. You don't know which one is in which file and don't actually "see" the file that it loads from on the GPS. Ought to be similar if not the same in the Oregon as they all use the same Garmin OS.

thanks

I have a Garmin GPSmap62S unit and you have to be careful if you have overlapping PQs. If you have a PQ that you load in the unit as a gpx file with a file name alpha and a second PQ that you load in the unit as a gpx file named beta and they have some caches in common (listed in both files) the ones in the alpha gpx file will override the ones in the beta file. Not a big detail if they contain the same information but sometimes one may be a puzzle cache that has corrected coordinates in the beta file but not in the alpha file. This results in the published coordinates (not the corrected coordinates) in the alpha file being display in the 62s and prevents the corrected coordinates from the beta gpx file from showing up in the unit.

Now if the alpha gpx file is deleted (using the computer) one would think the corrected coordinates for the cache in the beta file would be display but no the cache listing is removed from showing up on the unit. Now the interesting part is if one uses Base Camp to view the caches in the unit the cache shows up but in stand alone mode the cache is not present. When I spoke to Garmin about this they told me "It seems that the unit is functioning properly it just doesn't do what you are wanting the unit to do."

If one keeps a separate GPX file called "solved puzzles" that contains corrected coordinates I can recommend naming this GPX file "AAAsolved puzzles". This way it take precedents over other gpx files that may contain the same caches without the corrected coordinates. Alphabetical order of the named GPX files does matter sometimes.