garmin trex 10

geoffcb

Well I've been trying out the menus today but have not found how to input a 6 fig OS map reference into my device so I can then go and find it. The nearest I've found is a 5 fig ref and a 5 fig bearing- can anybody help/ I'm in the uk

Hi, have you tried "set up" - "position format" - "position format" again - "british grid"

Just looked on my Etrex 20 - yep when you go to Mark waypoint there is only room for 5 figures, so I guess the answer may be you can't.

Edited by whh0

Hi and welcome. Take a look at this page on my resource website. It explains all about the different coordinate formats including the Ordnance Survey British Grid (OSGB). It's best to keep your GPS on Degrees and Decimal minutes (the middle picture on that page) which is what the cache pages use. If you download a cache directly from the webpage to your GPS it will be in that format. You can run your GPS in the OSGB format if you want to though and it will get you to caches but make sure you have the coordinate format and map datums correct in the GPS settings otherwise you will get an error of about 300 feet (100 meters).

Hope this helps.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website