view geocache maps on my Garmin Oregon 450t

justme9998

I recently purchased a GPS, the Garmin 450t. I started geocaching with my Blackberry and used the geosense ap to download and search out caches using the "download nearest caches" option. The battery on the Blackberry does not last very long - so I decided to purchase the GPS. I did get the pocket query to work and my selected caches show up as a list on the GPS. However, I miss the convenience of seeing the various locations on a map and then deciding which geocaches I should search out. The GPS just shows me a list of caches downloaded. Is there any way of having the Garmin show these on a map?

Is there any way of having the Garmin show these on a map?

You have "Topo" on a 450T. Land features. You may see some caches in relation to each other on the map. Do you want streets? You'll have to load street map files, and there are various sources, for pay or free. I haven't tried hard enough to get new maps recently, so I can't advise which free ones work. In fact, I had so much trouble, I'm eyeing the official (expensive) Garmin maps again, since I'm pretty sure those would work well. But free sounds good. :anicute:

It's hard for me to ask this without sounding like I'm talking down to you, but have you tried the "Map" (top-left in the image below)?

orsm08-garmin-oregon-delorme-earthmate-1.jpg

...or are they not showing up there?

Thanks! I had tried maps before I downloaded the GPS file and didn't see any. Never thought to try it again as I thought I had to go through the geocache icon to get to them. Not possible to talk down - I am a newbie all the way!