Magellan Explorist

granolagina

It's way easier just to treat the Magellan like you would a usb drive: connect the Magellan to your computer, and open it up so you can see the folders inside.

One folder is called "Geocaches," another is named "Waypoints."

When you download and unzip your pocket query, you will have two gpx files - one of geocaches, and one of waypoints.

Drag the geocaches file to the Geocaches folder, drag the waypoints file to the Waypoints folder.

Simple! B)

And assuming you just recently became a a premium member, just be sure to first delete all the other geocaches and waypoints out of those folders first - the Magellan will keep the oldest version of the file, so to see all the extra cache info that comes with being premium, you need to first delete the old files.

Thank you both for the help. I think I finally figured it out.

One thing, my pocket query is set to the closest 500 caches to my zip code but the file only contained 118 caches.

I have it set to give me the ones within 100 miles but the farthest one from me currently on my GPS is 12 miles.

Any ideas??

Thanks so much.

gina

It's easiest to create PQs from the map. Center the area that you want (keeping in mind that the map goes under the left sidebar menu - you can collapse that to help you find the center) and zoom out to create the radius of caches that you want. Then from the left sidebar click "save as pocket query."

If you zoomed out far enough that there were more than 500 caches in the map window, then you'll get the 500 closest to your center point.

It's easiest to create PQs from the map. Center the area that you want (keeping in mind that the map goes under the left sidebar menu - you can collapse that to help you find the center) and zoom out to create the radius of caches that you want. Then from the left sidebar click "save as pocket query."

If you zoomed out far enough that there were more than 500 caches in the map window, then you'll get the 500 closest to your center point.

Oh my goodness!!! Thank you so much ... This is so much easier than the way I've been trying to make a PQ for the areas I want !!