Whereyougo compass on Android

I have sat here for 2 months trying to work on a Wherigo cartridge. I use the kit version to start off from Ranger Fox. Then there were issues with my x64 pc and Vista, so I briefly looked at Urwigo, and cutting a long story short. I ended up creating a 20 zone walk in Earwigo.

I have no programming experience, and am getting tired of this now. (AS is my husband who thinks I have far better things to do!)

I got it finished, loaded it up to Wherigo but havent activated it so I can test run it.

I went out today and yesterday and to start with I get the Cartridge write up,a and at the bottom of the screen a choice of Start and Compass buttons. The start kicks the thing off, and the compass takes you to the cartridge start coordinates. It never changes, you walk back and forth and it never changes the program.

Now If you click Start you get invited to zone 1 , no compass to view. At the bottom of the screen you have a choice of GPS on the left or Map on the right. Neither of them show a compass. I walked to zone 1, answered the question, then walked to zone 2. The satellites EVENTUALLY saw me and gave me the next instruction, but still with no compass. I got as far as zone 6 without the compass. Is there something wrong with my programming (earwigo developer doesnt think so) or my settings? I ran someone elses Wherigo in february and definately got a compass.

PLEASE help, I really want to put this Wherigo out there! :(