a REAL interesting adventure

ionekoa

there is a group of guys i used to run with, into all kinds of fun things, swordfighting and the like, especially in the woods at night, and making cheesey home movies, mostly based on highlander and that old hercules TV show. anyway when i first started caching i decided to let them in on it. now being as we are all "manly men" and very keen in our instincts, they were up for the adventure of romping through the woods but leary of this maplike device. but we decided to go, there were six of us, including one man, about 8 to ten years older than the rest of us but mentally handicaped, he hung out with us all the time. so we borrowed a van from one of my friends parents. well we park outside the park and go in about dusk. as we near the area it is getting darker and we see a car driving by slowly with a spotlight (which we duck) and head into the woods looking for the cache, some way in there we are out of light so one of the guys takes off his shirt wraps it around a stick and, viola a torch. we heard some garbled voices in the distance, but ignored them, didnt find the cache so we decided to go back. turns out the local police had run the plates and had my friends parents get the van to strand us. from the tiremarks in the grass, they had parked their cars off the road to hide from us and had been lying in wait for over an hour before they gave that up. so we found another way out of the park while 2 of the guys went to see where the van was (we didnt know until after it was all over that someone had come and gotten it) another friend of ours picked us up accross the street when she found out what was going on. (calls were made, and this was really nothing new, except the geocaching, luckily none of us had our swords) so four of us piled into this little geo storm, and were taken back to her apt to wait for the other two so we could figure out what to do from there, all in all it was a fun night and an adventure that makes for a good story.