No defaults on new listing form

noikmeister

I was recently looking at a challenge cache GC45MM2, which challenges you to find more caches outside the 1.5/1.5 D/T rating combo. This led me to wonder why virtually everyone has this as their most common combo on their D/T matrix. I wonder, are there that many caches that fall into this category or is it just inexperienced/lazy hiders not bothering to put any effort into their listing.

I'd like this to be taken seriously as a feature request that EVERY required field/control on the new listing form require some user input. So far the default if I don't make a choice on fields that don't require me to are:

Date placed: Today (well today in the USA)

Type: Traditional

Location: My country and my state (why I need to fill these in I have always wondered since the coordinates should allow this information to be derived.

Size: Not chosen

Difficulty: 1.5

Terrain: 1.5

I think all of these fields should be set to something that wont allow you to proceed until you make a conscious decision to pick something.

I was recently looking at a challenge cache GC45MM2, which challenges you to find more caches outside the 1.5/1.5 D/T rating combo. This led me to wonder why virtually everyone has this as their most common combo on their D/T matrix. I wonder, are there that many caches that fall into this category or is it just inexperienced/lazy hiders not bothering to put any effort into their listing.

I'd like this to be taken seriously as a feature request that EVERY required field/control on the new listing form require some user input. So far the default if I don't make a choice on fields that don't require me to are:

Date placed: Today (well today in the USA)

Type: Traditional

Location: My country and my state (why I need to fill these in I have always wondered since the coordinates should allow this information to be derived.

Size: Not chosen

Difficulty: 1.5

Terrain: 1.5

I think all of these fields should be set to something that wont allow you to proceed until you make a conscious decision to pick something.

+1