Satellite imagery on Garmin 62s

hoytvtecmach

Using Google Earth I saved the image of my hunting area . I then made an "Image Overlay" of the area and saved it as a KMZ file. I imported it to Basecamp where it can be saved in the "My Collection" files and viewed as a Custom Map . My question is : Can I load this on my Garmin 62s and will it display the satellite imagery with no problem ?

Hoytvtecmach

Yes. Create a folder when connected to the PC named CustomMaps in the Garmin folder, and put your .kmz in there. You can Enable/

Disable it (and any others) under Map Setup. By the way, you can save other imagery as .JPGs and georef them in Google Earth like you did , or take various maps you find in .JPG format and do the same. I've converted many State Park trail map PDFs to .JPG format to then save as .kmz files for my 62s.

Using Google Earth I saved the image of my hunting area . I then made an "Image Overlay" of the area and saved it as a KMZ file. I imported it to Basecamp where it can be saved in the "My Collection" files and viewed as a Custom Map . My question is : Can I load this on my Garmin 62s and will it display the satellite imagery with no problem ?

Hoytvtecmach

If the JPG was not a progressive JPG, and if you save the KMZ file in the \Garmin\CustomMaps\ directory on your 62s, yes.

More info here.

Hoytvtecmach

If the JPG was not a progressive JPG, and if you save the KMZ file in the \Garmin\CustomMaps\ directory on your 62s, yes.

More info here.

Thanks for the quick replies .