Sending waypoints to Lowrance...

troutscott

I have been hand entering coordinates into my Lowrance Ifinder H20c for almost 2 years.

I decided to upgrade and go paperless-Having liked the reliability of the H20 I purchased a Lowrance Endura Safari.

I picked a cache to send to the gpsr and a prompt informed me that I needed to download a program to do this.

So I chose GSAK, followed the set-up procedures,pick a cache for a test and find that GSAK wont send directly to the Lowrance.

I have tried numerous "back door" procedures over the last 4 hrs.

A GSAK prompt inferred that it can support Lowrance but I need to chose "File=Export=>Lowrance.

This did not work either.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated,

Scott

I have been hand entering coordinates into my Lowrance Ifinder H20c for almost 2 years.

I decided to upgrade and go paperless-Having liked the reliability of the H20 I purchased a Lowrance Endura Safari.

I picked a cache to send to the gpsr and a prompt informed me that I needed to download a program to do this.

So I chose GSAK, followed the set-up procedures,pick a cache for a test and find that GSAK wont send directly to the Lowrance.

I have tried numerous "back door" procedures over the last 4 hrs.

A GSAK prompt inferred that it can support Lowrance but I need to chose "File=Export=>Lowrance.

This did not work either.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated,

Scott

I'm not familiar with the model you have now, but when I had my iFinder Hunt it used .usr files and there was a program that I think was called gpxtousr that converted the gpx file and then I copied the usr file to the SD card. I could have multiple converted gpx files on the card and have the GPS import the one I wanted to use. What I'm telling you could be history now, but that's the way it used to work.

For the Lowrance Endura, run a Pocket Query to create a GPX file of the caches you want, download and unzip it, then copy the GPX file into the \GPX folder of the internal storage volume of the Endura (don't use a SD card). When you disconnect and reboot the Endura, give it a minute to index the GPX file and you should be good to go.GSAK is not needed.

Edited by alandb

I used a h20c for several years and loved it. I only used gsak to load it until I found the lowrance program which I felt was easier to use and load the unit. I ran a PQ and used the lowrance program GPXtoUSR and it worked just fine. When I got the safari I loaded the unit as alandb said without a problem and I was good to go. Still didn't need GSAK. I didn't like the safari so I sold it.