Easyest To Use GPS Navigation for iPhone

Andronicus

I know that name! You are from here!

You should check with mrcanoehead224. They had actual GPS put in the public libraries for public use during Calgary Parks 100.

I bet you could get use of these providing a much more rewarding experience than trying to support the phones out there.

Good luck!

Shaun

I know that name! You are from here!

You should check with mrcanoehead224. They had actual GPS put in the public libraries for public use during Calgary Parks 100.

I bet you could get use of these providing a much more rewarding experience than trying to support the phones out there.

Good luck!

Shaun

My goal with this teaching is to have as many of the kids use their own equipment so that they can continue after the evening is over. If their home has a handheld, great, but if not, then using a their own smartphone will be better for them in the long run than borrowing a GPS.

This is a little tricky since I don't have any iProducts. But MotionX-GPS seems like it may fit the bill. Has anyone tried this app? How easy is it to enter coordinates for a new waypoint, then navigate to that waypoint? Does it have a compass style navication option?

Yes, it's fairly simple to enter a waypoint in MotionX-GPS. Menu > Waypoints > New Wypt > (then 5 options)

Enter Address

Current Location

Use Tap Tap tool on map

Enter Lat/Lon

Enter Range/Bearing

I've only used the app a couple of times. It works.

Commander Compass Lite is another free app that allow you to enter a waypoint.

If you want an app that would directly support this game, there are some limited alternatives. Without buying the Groundspeak app or becoming a premium member, the caching apps on the iPhone are very basic - and most charge at least 99 cents. But there is a free version of geo bucket that allows you to create a basic membership and select three caches a day to download. The free version of the Groundspeak app bears little relation to the paid app, but it will show three caches (which it determines for you) and can at least give people a flavor for the game without becoming a member. There are of course free apps that use listings on another site.

Edited by geodarts

Commander Compass Lite is another free app that allow you to enter a waypoint.

If you want an app that would directly support this game, there are some limited alternatives. Without buying the Groundspeak app or becoming a premium member, the caching apps on the iPhone are very basic - and most charge at least 99 cents. But there is a free version of geo bucket that allows you to create a basic membership and select three caches a day to download. The free version of the Groundspeak app bears little relation to the paid app, but it will show three caches (which it determines for you) and can at least give people a flavor for the game without becoming a member. There are of course free apps that use listings on another site.

Thanks for that! That seems like it will fit the bill nicely!