GC Code for a New Cache

SQL_Man

I'm planning on hiding my first cache in the near future. I want to label the cache with the GC Code prior to hiding it. Is it possible to get a GC Code prior to hiding it? Or do I need to revisit the cache after it is approved to place the code on it?

You can create the cache listing at any time. You can create it now, which will generate a GC code, and just not enable it yet. You can then label the container, flesh out the listing, and place the container, then enable it (which submits it for review).

If the area is at all saturated, then it's probably a good idea to verify that your location is available before investing much effort/money into the cache. You can create the listing as The A-Team described, enter coordinates, and ask your local reviewer to verify that the location is available, as described in this Help Center article:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=199

If the area is at all saturated, then it's probably a good idea to verify that your location is available before investing much effort/money into the cache. You can create the listing as The A-Team described, enter coordinates, and ask your local reviewer to verify that the location is available, as described in this Help Center article:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=199

....and, should that location of choice be unavailable, you can still use that GC#/page to create an entirely different cache elsewhere.