Extended use of Favorite Points: Suggestion of caches to log

LHCper

I think the favorite point (FP) system is good, and that it promotes good caches. When coming to a new area I often check which caches have a good number of FP and try to log these if possible.

Anyway, I have a suggestion for an enhancement to the FP system. The basic idea is that the FP choices you make should give you suggestions of good caches to log!

How would you do this? Well, there are a lot of sites that has systems like this. For example music, movies and books. You mark the ones you like, and the system/site checks your preferences with other voters. If they find a good match they select other from the ones the other persons has rated as good and that you have not rated. So, you would get suggestions that match your preferences.

So for geocaching this could work like:

- You put FP as usual

- The system match your FP selection with others. Found logs of people that has a good match (meaning that they have marked FP on the same caches that you have, when both has logged the caches) will indicate "good" caches.

- In the weekly newsletter you get a list of "good" caches in reasonable distance to your "home".

- An enhancement could be to mark "good" caches on the map.