GPS's for Boy Scout troop

WOW! I thought this area would be different (the world HAS changed)....thanks for being so friendly!

I'm also happy you feel comfortable enough to speak for everyone.

Agreed about earning, and let me tell you they do earn their keep...

Yes, we do have fund raisers and this year are planning a trip to Washington DC.

Do you run a troop or even have a clue about what it takes and the costs?

Boy scout leader my @ss, you are a loser and was trying to use the boy scout as a front to beg some GPS's to sell to others. What a loser you really are. Yes I had you checked out and if you continue with the personal attacks then I will report you to the proper authorties. Not a threat but a promise.

I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster of a local troop, and can tell you that any troop (even one with only 10 boys) could raise enough to buy a couple of Yellow eTrex GPSr's if it's something the scouts really want. Not only would they then have a sense of accomplishment, but they would also feel some ownership of the units and would tend to take better care of them.

When is the easy route the best to teach to kids, afterall?

quote:
Originally posted by OneOfEm:

I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster of a local troop, and can tell you that any troop (even one with only 10 boys) could raise enough to buy a couple of Yellow eTrex GPSr's if it's something the scouts really want. Not only would they then have a sense of accomplishment, but they would also feel some ownership of the units and would tend to take better care of them.

When is the easy route the best to teach to kids, afterall?

That is pretty much what I told him in my first post (before I edtied it)(although it has been 10 years since I helped out with the local scouts) and he came right back at me with verbal attacks, here and on another thread. Right away I knew this person was not scout leader material, but just another loser trying to get someone to donate GPS's to him. Note: he only becvame a member today, and not a paid member at that.

You know the scout troop I helped out with never once resorted to "begging" they would alway plan ways to raise funds or look for sponsership from local business to help them raise funds, but never beg for anything, the kids had to work to get the stuff they needed or wanted or they learned to do without.

Define the multiple personal attacks...

Don't worry mission accomplished, it'll be the last message posted in this area.

good to see that you can come to so many conculsions from 1 message ...the world is a better place because of people like you. Not only was I convicted as a fraud but also as a cheat and begger... yet from one message - sight unseen...

reading your posts... seems this board is your life, sorry I interupted, or happy to lend a hand in getting your issues out...

have fun cutting this dead issue up...feel free to talk about it for days...

****UPDATE*****

Thanks all----

Someone responded off list with an offer of 2 units for the troop. Seems they don't agree with a few people on the board, and meantioned that this happens quite ofter and they're tired of it...

thanks again!

[This message was edited by dguglielmo on October 09, 2003 at 05:18 AM.]

Of course, there is an easy way to clear this up. Just let us know your full name, what troop you are the scoutmaster of, and your local council and district. Should be easy to verify that information, of course, and I don't see why any real scoutmaster wouldn't be willing to share it.

So, just fill us in...

- John...

My Troop just had a multi-family garage sale where the parents brought stuff to a church parking lot. We made over $600 and only about 7 families brought stuff. A few years ago, we had 15 families bring stuff and made over 1,100. (Relatives of the families usually also donate stuff)

quote:
Just let us know your full name, what troop you are the scoutmaster of, and your local council and district. Should be easy to verify that information, of course, and I don't see why any real scoutmaster wouldn't be willing to share it.

And there was silence ... for 12 days. icon_smile.gif

I was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt until he clammed up, I have an old GPS that needs a good home icon_smile.gif

--

Scott Johnson (ScottJ)