Time to archive the puzzle cache.

Roman!

It's time to retire the puzzle cache just like we did with virtuals and webcams, they've had their day but it's time to move on.

Who's with me?

I agree. And let's archive all regular caches that require thinking too.

Heck, too many of them require you to think.

Maybe we should all stay home and watch TV.

When I first looked at this I had no idea how to start (mainly as I could not see the dots!). Now I see; and it's not too far from me... will put on the to-do list!

Good man! Now I suppose I'd better check the micros are still in place since no other players are doing that for me :)

Neat puzzle! Thanks! Got the two locations figured, but since it is 'over there', I won't be getting to look for it any time soon if ever. Now trying to get the exact method of creation figured out... that's more fun than finding it, for ME.

Doug 7rxc

But again, no answer to what puzzles have to do with geocaching, I maintain they promote the opposite what what geocaching was meant to be.

Well, I'm sure I'll be embarrassed when you tell me why it wasn't helpful, but I thought my answer was quite good:

Every traditional cache is a puzzle. When you find the cache, you've successfully solved the puzzle of where and how it was hidden. That's what puzzles have to do with geocaching: geocaching is nothing but puzzles.

Why do puzzles you have to do on-line frustrate you to the point of suggesting they be discontinued, but caches you can't find don't frustrate you to the same degree. The only difference is that in the former, you give up in the confort of your chair, perhaps before even looking because you don't like to do puzzles, while the other, you can only give up after you're out in the field and have discovered it's a nasty, annoying hide that you wish you hadn't wasted time going to.

Should they be banned, I have been convinced to say no but I still don't like them.

Yes, don't like them. There's room for all kinds. I don't like all hide types, either, but I wouldn't single out any one for outlawing.