Download Multiple GPS Coordinates

owenrog

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been asked, and answered, elsewhere (I've googled it with little luck - perhaps I'm googling the wrong terms).

I've recently got hold of a Garmin, and I would to do a simple search for caches around a postcode, select all the geocaches I wish to find, and then download these in one go straight to my Garmin. But all I can see is how to download individual GPX files, or download all the checked Waypoints. Do I really have to download each GPX file individually? What am I missing? This seems a basic feature so I'm sure it's available, but where?

Thanks,

Owen

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been asked, and answered, elsewhere (I've googled it with little luck - perhaps I'm googling the wrong terms).

I've recently got hold of a Garmin, and I would to do a simple search for caches around a postcode, select all the geocaches I wish to find, and then download these in one go straight to my Garmin. But all I can see is how to download individual GPX files, or download all the checked Waypoints. Do I really have to download each GPX file individually? What am I missing? This seems a basic feature so I'm sure it's available, but where?

Thanks,

Owen

If I understand what you are saying, I create bookmarks and add each cache I want to do to the bookmark then create a Pocket Query and Groundspeak will send it to your email address unless it contains over 500 caches. If it contains over 500 caches you have to go and download it from Groundspeak. Either way you will receive a zip file that has the GPX file in it with all of the caches you picked. After it's unzipped I use EasyGPS to load them into my GPS. If you have one of the newer GPSr you can just copy the GPX file to it without needing EasyGPS.

Which Garmin GPS do you have? The more recent models support full paperless geoaching where you can download all the cache info for upto 1000 caches into it without any additional software applications. With the earlier models this wasn't possible but you could transfer limited information with something like GSAK.

If you have a Garmin Colorado, Oregon, Montana, GPSMap62, etrex 10 20 or 30 or Dakota they all support paperless caching. Click here to see how to do PQ's and transfer the info easily.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website