oregon 450 what maps are included?

manhuntz02

The "T" models have the US 100K Topo map with street detail. The non-T units just have a world base map with very little detail. In addition to the Topo map, you also get additional internal storage on the "T" models, to accomodate the pre-loaded Topo map.

I have a Oregon 550T and found the 100K Topo to be very inaccurate and pretty much useless. So I removed it and replaced it with the free Open Street Map NA for street detail and occasional navigation. For geocaching I downloaded the free My Trails map from GPS File Depot and also subscribed to Garmins BirdsEye satellite imagery. The Open Street Map and My Trails map both overlay nicely on the satellite images. I haven't really found the need for a Topo map with relief lines, but some of those are also available at GPS File Depot.

Except for getting the extra storage space, in my opinion, the 100K Topo map is not worth the extra cost of the Oregon "T" models.

Edited by alandb