GARMIN GPS V - mint condition - latest firmware.

floopie

Hi, I have a Garmin V for sale that has served me very well for car navigation, although I haven't used it much for geocaching. The unit has absolutely no blemishes. Everything is included (box, cables, manuals, unlock code, etc.) Our new car will have the NAVI system as an option. The City Select CD is unlocked for Region 6, which includes New England and part of Mid-Atlantic region. $300 shipped. Will accept paypal. My eBay user ID is 'rrypma'.

[This message was edited by floopie on August 29, 2003 at 03:15 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by floopie:

As noble as it may seem, isn't it very generally seen as poor etiquette to point to better deals on the net elsewhere?

I think it just let others know where good deals can be found.

poor etiquette would be telling someone after the fact that they could have saved $$$$ somewhere else when you knew in advance of the good deal.

Well, as a newbie here, I don't really have much say in the matter. icon_smile.gif But, generally speaking, you only reply to 'for sale' posts if you are interested in the product. This is stated in many FAQs on numerous forums, although maybe not here.

If you have a good deal to post, just start a new thread. If someone is interested, I'd certainly entertain any reasonable offers.

I have to agree. To post a cheaper price on someones "For Sale" thread is pretty much just for sabotage. If you want to announce a cheaper price you should start your own thread. I personally think that posting a cheaper price is just evil, and I wouldn't want to look in the mirror at myself after doing it.

It's against policy to contact bidders on a cheaper price somewhere else on Ebay, Yahoo and Amazon auctions. It's not regulated here so there are a fraction of the population who can live with themselves butting into someones "For Sale" thread.

To be contrary, as I often am:

I don't have a problem with Volks' thread. He didn't interrupt ongoing negotiations; he simply stated a fact.

And if someone is about get ripped off on these forums, it's the responsibility of regular readers to help them out. I'd appreciate it if I were in their shoes...

Just my 2c.