Bug — error message when submitting

Ianatlarge

With some frequency now I receive a serious error message (below) when I try and submit a new waymark. Also, just now, I attempted to submit a visit and got the same error message (or at least something similar). With the waymark, even though I get the error message the waymark is still processed, but I have to circuitously and laboriously go to return to the homepage, select my waymarks, click on the new waymark, and then add photos, in order to be able to proceed with the new waymark. With the visit though, I am finding that the error will not let me submit the visit at all!

So, error message on waymark submit, but can add the waymark, but no new visits.

I am using a Macintosh with Safari web browser, but have found the same error with Chrome.

Any advice?

Here is the error message:

Server Error in '/' Application.

String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.]

System.DateTimeParse.ParseExact(String s, String format, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles style) +3200706

WM.UI.LogControl.FillObject() +505

WM.UI.LogControl.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +36

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Dear Ian:L

This is actually an easy one. One of your coordinates has been corrupted (I can't think of a better word). THis happens to me at least 3-4 times a session when I am submitting Waymarks.

Example:

I type in:

N39 45.314

W105 36.521

I enter all the text and other variables and click 'Save and continue'

Then I get the huge yellow-background error message.

If you just click the back button in your browser to go back to the 'Add a new Waymark page; you might notice that your coords are something like:

N39 45.000.00'

W105 36.521

That weird 45.000.00' is what causes the error message. Just retype in the correct coords and save and all will be fine.

I figured this out about 6 months ago. Thought it was just me poor typing!

Take care,

Outspoken1