help for noob!? waypoints in basecamp and mapsource

carsonsig

I have a couple questions... googled endlessly, but putting search terms mapsource and waypoint in the forum search is useless.

1. if I download my data in basecamp, a waypoint I marked this weekend... it wont let me do same in mapsource..... is there a way to use both... both have features I need.

2. waypoints in basecamp... is there a better way to view my waypoints then the file tree of "my collection", "data received from GPSr" by date folders? I cant believe there isnt a waypoint listing or SOMETHING built into it... but I have tried EVERY iteration of views and toolbars... and nada...

sussamb,

thanks for the reply! etrex 20, fully updated

basecamp v 4.0.1

mapsource v 6.16.3

1. I did a recieve from gps in basecamp.. waypoint shows in the my collection by date... when I go to mapsource, and say recieve from gps, it downloads but says there is no data... I assume it is because I did basecamp first..? my issue is getting waypoints OFF the gps into each program seperately.... basecamp works fine.. (except for the view issue I am having) but mapsource says there is no waypoints on device... even if I mark and name one (test for example) then plug in, go to mapsource and say receive... it says no waypoints.

2. in basecamp, I dont have any icon like that... here is my screen...

basecampscreengrab.jpg

Edited by carsonsig

wierd! well.... I add maps to my etrex 20 using the internal storage as well as SD card, with mapsource... but it cant do waypoints. way to go GARMIN... duh!

well, now that I can see my waypoints in basecamp... that feature doesnt matter in mapsource! thanks sussamb... you have been really helpful and generous! have a great week!

C