working with a magellan explorist 310

S&Lgang

Did you create a Pocket Query?

yes i did but what is next i am new at this

Download your pocket query, then extract it to a place you remember (I often put the files on my desktop then delete them later).

Connect your Magellan to your computer. When the prompt comes up, click on "Open folder to view files."

When you do this, you will be able to see the folders in your Magellan. One will be called "Geocaches." One will be called "Waypoints."

Look at the names of the files you extracted - there are probably two, one for geocaches, one for waypoints (this one will often have "wpts" in the name). Drag the geocache file to the geocache folder. Drag the waypoints file to the waypoints folder.

Once everything has transferred, unplug your Magellan from your computer. Your GPSr will index the new files and voila! your new caches will be in your Magellan.

Download your pocket query, then extract it to a place you remember (I often put the files on my desktop then delete them later).

Connect your Magellan to your computer. When the prompt comes up, click on "Open folder to view files."

When you do this, you will be able to see the folders in your Magellan. One will be called "Geocaches." One will be called "Waypoints."

Look at the names of the files you extracted - there are probably two, one for geocaches, one for waypoints (this one will often have "wpts" in the name). Drag the geocache file to the geocache folder. Drag the waypoints file to the waypoints folder.

Once everything has transferred, unplug your Magellan from your computer. Your GPSr will index the new files and voila! your new caches will be in your Magellan.

after looking on magellan page i found a program called Vantage Point it does it very nicely and does it all thanks for the reply

Edited by stettlergang

after looking on magellan page i found a program called Vantage Point it does it very nicely and does it all thanks for the reply

Yeah, Vantage point is OK, but I'm partial to the drag and drop method, as outlined by redwoodkestral. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds all typed out. :lol: