Yerington Nevada Caching trip November

Scubasonic

Taking a trip to Yerington Nevada to grab a power trail of 1200, thought I would throw out an invite to see if anyone else in our area has an interest to going. The plans are just coming together and so far we are targeting November 8th - 13th fly into Reno rent a car and drive about 1.5 hrs to the start. If you have any interest post here the GC 3 is GC3R6J5.

Scubasonic

Hi, you sure get around, we are the old couple you met in the Land Cruiser at the start of the Spencer Road run. Wish we were young enough to join you on this trip. We are in our late eighties and hope to get to 10K while we are still mobile. We are always looking for what I call Series Runs like the LC to Adna run we just did. We have done the power run near Ritzville. We are not mobile enough to do the power trail runs. Knees don't work too well anymore. Anyway it was nice meeting you and I am sure your trip will be rewarding. Dick & Arlene W7WT

It looks some of the route goes out toward Como. While we were there a week ago there was fire in the area ("Como Fire"), I don't know if it was to that side, but you might want to check that no caches were involved in the fire zone.

The Jester,

Well I think the fire should be a thing of the past by the nime we get there in over a month, but thanks for the heads up I will check with the CO to see if it is an issue.

SS

Hi, you sure get around, we are the old couple you met in the Land Cruiser at the start of the Spencer Road run. Wish we were young enough to join you on this trip. We are in our late eighties and hope to get to 10K while we are still mobile. We are always looking for what I call Series Runs like the LC to Adna run we just did. We have done the power run near Ritzville. We are not mobile enough to do the power trail runs. Knees don't work too well anymore. Anyway it was nice meeting you and I am sure your trip will be rewarding. Dick & Arlene W7WT

I do remember seeing you and Arlene on the trail we did, I just hope when I get to be your age I'm as active as you are, great to hear from you, and I hope to see you out caching again soon.

Regards

Scubasonic

It looks some of the route goes out toward Como. While we were there a week ago there was fire in the area ("Como Fire"), I don't know if it was to that side, but you might want to check that no caches were involved in the fire zone.

The Jester,

Well I think the fire should be a thing of the past by the nime we get there in over a month, but thanks for the heads up I will check with the CO to see if it is an issue.

SS

When we left on the 12th it was almost contained, but I don't know if any of the caches were in the area. We could see the smoke from Panther Valley, but just knew it was in the Como area. On the way home we passed three fires, and drove thru one of them (mostly mop-up operations near the road, but several hot spots on the hills around). Interesting area to see close up...

The Jester,

SS

When we left on the 12th it was almost contained, but I don't know if any of the caches were in the area. We could see the smoke from Panther Valley, but just knew it was in the Como area. On the way home we passed three fires, and drove thru one of them (mostly mop-up operations near the road, but several hot spots on the hills around). Interesting area to see close up...

Spoke with the CO he said not even close to this Cache Trail, he said he would weigh in on this thread when he had a chance.

The Jester,

SS

Spoke with the CO he said not even close to this Cache Trail, he said he would weigh in on this thread when he had a chance.

Great!

I can almost talk the wife into this, as she would visit her mom (even if we just got back from a multi-day visit...).