email address confusion

Imlost:)

My account profile did not have an email address listed. When I tried to add my email address it stated that it was already in use. I am receiving the weekly updates, etc. but can not see my address in there or add it. I have been able to add another but I would like to use my default. This became apparent to me as I was trying to build pocket caches and the email was blank.

My account profile did not have an email address listed. When I tried to add my email address it stated that it was already in use. I am receiving the weekly updates, etc. but can not see my address in there or add it. I have been able to add another but I would like to use my default. This became apparent to me as I was trying to build pocket caches and the email was blank.

If you go to this page and scroll down to the section titled "Your Validated E-Mail Addresses", do you see any email addresses listed between that title and the line "E-Mail Preferences"? In my case, it shows my email address with "(Primary)" after it.

Another thought: I just noticed you have some punctuation in your caching name. It's possible that one of those characters is interfering with the site. The name "IMLost" is already taken, but you could try changing your name to something else without the punctuation to see if that helps.

If you go to this page and scroll down to the section titled "Your Validated E-Mail Addresses", do you see any email addresses listed between that title and the line "E-Mail Preferences"? In my case, it shows my email address with "(Primary)" after it.

Another thought: I just noticed you have some punctuation in your caching name. It's possible that one of those characters is interfering with the site. The name "IMLost" is already taken, but you could try changing your name to something else without the punctuation to see if that helps.

initially there was nothing in that area that you speak of. I have since added my other email address and it does appear when I open that up. Somehow my primary email is attached to my account because I am getting the weekly updates, its just not visible on the account settings page. Not really sure whats going on. Until we get it fixed Im just using the two accounts. Rather annoying but its working.

initially there was nothing in that area that you speak of. I have since added my other email address and it does appear when I open that up. Somehow my primary email is attached to my account because I am getting the weekly updates, its just not visible on the account settings page. Not really sure whats going on. Until we get it fixed Im just using the two accounts. Rather annoying but its working.

You could email contact@geocaching.com to see if the can manually make the change from their end.

I also have been having an issue with gmail account as well. It won't allow me to make it my primary or even add it at all. The primary account is an old email address that I haven't had for a long time now. They have tried to fix it, but still it won't work. It tells me it is already in use....but its not on there. HELP??