Challenge completed notification to owner

MoreOutdoor

Reading this forum I can see that there are many fellow cachers who do not like challenges.

A challenge is a general term referring to things that are imbued with a sense of difficulty and victory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge

I took up the "challenge" of setting some Challenging finds. This by virtue is very different in my opinion, to Waymarking! however, a challenge should be acceptable to all, achievable by means...

I set my clues with some cryptic slant, however, I am sure, once you are on my wavelength; the challenge could be solved. I am able to offer up further clues once committed.

We must ALL consider geocaching is for ALL and that then we should equally consider the same for Challenges.

We ALL have our reasons why we set out geocache, single, multi or other.

My present personal situation restricts the amount of time that I would have to manage set geocahes, we have all come across them poor condition and not maintained, hence why I set Chalenges, in some cases worthy of a 4-4 rating as a cache.

My challenges, being lateral, cryptic can take several attempt at GZ and requiring local research.

It is up to the individual to accept or decline

My Point is:- along with other sensible suggestion. Like a cache find, automated notification to the owner once logged. enables tracking and comment to wrong finds, or the not so trusted logger.

(I am by virtue still a newby to geocaching,this is the first ever forum, I hope i'm in the right place?)

If this is available and have missed the tab to tick please advise....

Reading this forum I can see that there are many fellow cachers who do not like challenges.

A challenge is a general term referring to things that are imbued with a sense of difficulty and victory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge

I took up the "challenge" of setting some Challenging finds. This by virtue is very different in my opinion, to Waymarking! however, a challenge should be acceptable to all, achievable by means...

I set my clues with some cryptic slant, however, I am sure, once you are on my wavelength; the challenge could be solved. I am able to offer up further clues once committed.

We must ALL consider geocaching is for ALL and that then we should equally consider the same for Challenges.

We ALL have our reasons why we set out geocache, single, multi or other.

My present personal situation restricts the amount of time that I would have to manage set geocahes, we have all come across them poor condition and not maintained, hence why I set Chalenges, in some cases worthy of a 4-4 rating as a cache.

My challenges, being lateral, cryptic can take several attempt at GZ and requiring local research.

It is up to the individual to accept or decline

My Point is:- along with other sensible suggestion. Like a cache find, automated notification to the owner once logged. enables tracking and comment to wrong finds, or the not so trusted logger.

(I am by virtue still a newby to geocaching,this is the first ever forum, I hope i'm in the right place?)

If this is available and have missed the tab to tick please advise....

It is one of the reasons that many Geocachers gave up on the idea of Challenges, shortly after they were introduced. Once you submit them, you no longer "own" them in the sense that you own a geocache that you placed. You have no control over the listing, the quality of the logs, or even notification if a log is made. Your feature request is a good one. Perhaps it will gain some support here. I think most of stopped asking quite some time ago when it seemed obvious that Grounspeak wanted to do it the way that they are currently doing it.

Cache finds cause an automatic notification to be sent to the owner. Are you sure you are properly receiving other emails from Geocaching.com and Groundspeak? (like new caches, pocket query results and newsletters)

Challenges are a different virtual aspect to the game, provided by the website, that have nothing to do with virtual or challenge caches.

Looking through some "completed" challenges, I really wonder why Groundspeak did not give the "owner" (or better: "creator", since after creating the challenge, you do not longer own it) the possibility to delete log entries.... Very often the challenge has not at all been completed... I am surely FOR that option...

I have created two challenges myself and totally HATE to see logs of people who just go for the "extra point", but the challenge was far from completed... I don't feel like making more challenges (and I DO have some great ideas!), as long as I do not have any control over the log entries... I think many people, with good ideas, feel the same way. So, what you see is a lot of BAD challenges created by others and not many really GOOD challenges are created by people with good ideas, because of the lack of control of log entries... The (average) quality of challenges would surely go up by giving the "owner" the right to delete illegitimate log ('completed') entries...