Logging trackables

elsz

My first post in the forums!

I picked up a travel bug the other day, and I'm currently searching for a new place to drop it off...

However, I've noticed that some people who've had it before have marked as having "visited" another cache.

How do I go about doing that? I can't quite work it out! Any help gratefully appreciated! Thanks!

From http://www.geocaching.com/track/howto.aspx

Step 3. Select the Travel Bug to drop off

After entering the text for your find, scroll down to see a list of Travel Bug Trackables in your inventory. Using the dropdown menu, select either "dropped off" to leave a Travel Bug in the cache, or "visited" to record a visit while still retaining possession of the Travel Bug. Once you are ready, click the button to submit your log.

If you properly logged retrieving the travel bug from the cache you found it in then when you go to log a cache you will notice there is a list of travel bugs in your possession. One of the actions is visit. Selecting that has the travel bug visit a cache. When you finally place the travel bug be sure to log the drop.