Free well-traveled kayak

Know anyone in or near Thunderbolt GA who might want a free kayak that has some miles on it? Pass this on to them....

This posted yesterday by local geocacher Gubbool on his paddle back from Key West FL:

I am about an hours drive to Savannah and three days paddle. Will stop there most likely. Might tag SC border. Paddle snapped in two. Change of. Length shape and diameter killing Wrists. Well used kayak will be left for the taking at Thunderbolt GA in 4 or 5 days. Not worth much but floats. Know of geocacher nearby, tell them.

Gubbool

Hiked 2550 miles, AL-ME '08

Bicycled 1700 miles, ME-AL '08

Kayaked 1380 miles, Alabama Scenic River Trail '09

Bicycled 10,000 miles, Epic Double Crossing of the U.S. '10

Kayaked 850 miles, Mini-Epic Kayak Trip '11

You can find Warren at http://findingwarren...gm/2012-eka-2a/

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Would love the kayak for my daughter who has been wanting one!

Be aware that kayak can mean a lot of different things. Given that the owner has paddle it on two very long trips (800 miles, and 1100 miles) it's likely not a white water kayak nor is is likely a recreational style kayak (typically 8-11 feet long, 26"-30" wide). Most likely it some sort of touring kayak, probably 17' or longer, and 23" or narrower wide. If that's the kind of kayak you're daughter is looking for it's a good deal and you can spend the money you saved on the kayak on some basic lessons which will teach her what to do when (not if) she capsizes in deep water.