Locating Coordinates with the compass screen

I have an Oregon 450 - I have trouble using the compas to find coordinates that I enter by hand. I primarily use it for Geocaching - on puzzel caches I get new coordinates to find. I key in there coordinates under the find coordinates , but when I go to the compass screen it tracks to the last geocache I searched for , not the coordinates I entered. Also why on the compass does it show two compasses. One big one and a small one in the upper left had corner? Thanks in advance ..

I have a 550 but a 550 and 450 Oregons function the same.

When you enter coordinates you are creating a waypoint, not a geocache. So after you enter the coordinates and press GO and then select the compass page note the small icon in the lower right hand corner, sort of like a 1/2 full rectangle. Press the icon and ensure you are not in "Geocaching Active" dashboard.

If you are on the compass page and you have the "Geocaching Active" selected, the larger compass it just that. The smaller compass points to the nearest geocache, which in your case is not where you want to go.

The last coordinates you entered are saved as a waypoint which you can recall and edit/modify. However, if you enter manually another set of coordinates, this new waypoint overwrites the old one.

I have a 550 but a 550 and 450 Oregons function the same.

When you enter coordinates you are creating a waypoint, not a geocache. So after you enter the coordinates and press GO and then select the compass page note the small icon in the lower right hand corner, sort of like a 1/2 full rectangle. Press the icon and ensure you are not in "Geocaching Active" dashboard.

If you are on the compass page and you have the "Geocaching Active" selected, the larger compass it just that. The smaller compass points to the nearest geocache, which in your case is not where you want to go.

The last coordinates you entered are saved as a waypoint which you can recall and edit/modify. However, if you enter manually another set of coordinates, this new waypoint overwrites the old one.