Olympic Gold Post Boxes

GRAZYNAPLJAMIEGB

So with 29 unique gold post boxes painted in celebration of our incredible gold medal winning olympians, when is the virtual cache series consisting of all 29 of these going to be up and running?

could be an exciting series, unsure of how long they will remain gold for, but could be a good one, unfortunately no one in our home towns won a gold so there is a fair old distance to our nearest.

Trying to encourage others to start and continue

The last virtual cache was published in 2005, so I'd encourage the OP and other interested geocachers to take advantage of one of several alternatives for experiencing these unique locations:

1. Hide a physical geocache nearby, if permitted by local laws. (In the USA, hiding a cache on a USPS mailbox isn't permitted; I don't know about the UK.)

2. Hide a multicache, puzzle cache, Wherigo cache, etc. that relies on information found at the location of the Olympic Gold Post Box to direct geocachers to a physical cache with a logbook hidden nearby.

3. Create a Challenge Cache requiring finders to locate any one geocache in each of the cities and towns that have an Olympic Gold Post Box.

4. Record a visit to a Victorian Post Box waymark that's now Gold, or establish a new waymark in that category.

5. If the Gold box is near a post office, record a visit to a UK Post Office waymark, or establish a new waymark in that category.

6. Create Photo Challenges for each Olympic Gold Post Box, requiring photos of posting a letter as a completion requirement.

I hope that one or more of these ideas appeals to you!