Cannot upload photo for comment on another's waymark

vhasler

The military cannon I originally visited to check out this whole "Waymarking" concept is now gone. I posted a comment about its removal, but now cannot upload a photo to show my observation. The waymark options for the comment are: Edit Visit/Comment, View Visit/Comment, and View Gallery. Checking each of these functions does not find the Upload Waymark Image option.

It was over 24 hours since I posted the comment, so it might have been locked. (Delay in pulling SD card out of camera.) I created another comment today, but the desired upload image function is still not among the waymark options of: Visit Waymark (Post Log), Leave Comment, View Visits/Comments, View Waymark, Edit Waymark, and View Gallery.

However, if I post a comment to a waymark that I created, then I see what I am seeking: Visit Waymark (Post Log), Leave Comment, View Visits/Comments, View Waymark, Edit Waymark, >> Upload Waymark Image <<, View Gallery, and Archive Waymark.

My work-around for now was to upload the photograph to my orignal visit, however it would be slightly clearer to have it linked to the relevent comment.

Is this a missing feature? Or by design? While all of the photos can be seen in the single waymark album, the individual visits do show what pictures were added by each person.

This is definitely a frustrating issue that I have experienced myself. I think your suggestion of a workaround to upload the photo to your original visit log is the only option. Did you also notice that on comment logs you can't choose the correct date of your visit? We should be able to choose a date for the comment, to reflect a more accurate timeline on the waymark.

You are not alone, my friend.

The other option is to post another visit. Unlike geocaching multiple visits to a waymark do not increase your visit count. After all you did visit the location again thus another visit post with the new photo would be appropriate.

Edited by BruceS