Newbie checking I'm grabbing correctly

Trickyvic

Hi all,

Excited to find my first travel bug today. I found it in cache X. When I got home I looked it up and saw that it's not listed in cache X but last seen in cache Y a few weeks ago. I understand that I grab rather than retrieve as I didn't find it in the listed cache, and that I will now drop in cache Z in the next few days.

Does this mean that cache X won't appear in the travel bug's history? If so, is that correct?

That's correct. Sometimes travel bugs aren't logged immediately for whatever reason. The best solution I've seen would be to grab the travel bug, then write a note in cache X's online log and drop the travel bug there to correct the mileage and whereabouts. Then retrieve the travel bug from cache X and continue its journey to cache Z.

Thanks for being thoughtful enough to check in to the forums to figure something out.

The best solution I've seen would be to grab the travel bug, then write a note in cache X's online log and drop the travel bug there to correct the mileage and whereabouts. Then retrieve the travel bug from cache X and continue its journey to cache Z.

Great, that's really helpful and makes sense. I'll do that right now.

Many thanks.

Yeah, then too, you could always wait a few days. Who knows? Maybe it was dropped 5 minutes before you got there.

There's no right or wrong to a quick grab, but it is a little more thoughtful of others to allow them the opportunity to properly finish off logging. They could be traveling and not have immediate access... happens a lot.