Milestones not correct

marblesab

I've notice this the last 3 milestones we've reached (our 800th fin, 900th and just today 1000th find) that the site seems to be logging our finds out of order. Ok, take tonight for example - we found GC3M8JC (cache # 999 for us) then we post a DNF on another cache, then we travel to another cache to make our 1000th . this is GC3CQ6N. When I go to the site, it tells me that I have 1000 finds, but my milestones are messed up and it says that GC3M8JC is my 1000th find. Well considering there was at least 20 minutes between that find and our true 1000th find, I don't understand how this could have happened.

As I mentioned, this has also happened on our 800 and 900 finds. It makes me look like a liar or that I just plain don't know when I make my log and say "this is find #... for us!" and sometimes We hold out on finding a particular cache so that it will be a milestone cache for us.... then it ends up not being. WTH

The time when the find was made does not matter. If you log through the website all times are recorded as 19:00 PST. I think smartphone logs use a different time. just the way it is. The only thing that matters is the order in which you logged the caches. To have the order right you needed to log GC3M8JC first and then GC3CQ6N. All logs are assigned a unique logID, and the logID's are always increasing. The logs on a given day are ordered by the logID's.

Ah, I found the post on log times:

The phones know, but the problem lies with how we then handle the millions of already-logged timestamps, especially those made from the web site which have since day 1 always been given a timestamp of noon on the day selected in the drop-down, regardless of when or where they were logged. Meanwhile, the WAP site has always given logs a timestamp of midnight on the day selected. Then, you have to factor in that all of those timestamps are interpreted as being Seattle time, while logs made through the API are timestamped with the phone's local time.... Simply put, it is a mess, and there is no clear-cut way to easily adjust the quarter of a billion logs from various sources that have already been posted.

Edited by jholly

You can manually correct your milestones. The text below pops up on your Milestones page, if you click on the small blue ?

To see this, from your stats page, click the Milestones tab, to the right of the header,

Your Caching Milestones ...?

Your cache find milestones are generated automatically by the website.

If this list is inaccurate you may designate specific caches for any milestone on your

statistics settings page.

http://www.geocaching.com/my/statistics_edit.aspx

There you will find Milestone Overrides