Change order of logs

RockhoundMT

I would deeply appreciate the ability to re-order my cache logs. Many times I have sat down to log a long day (20 or more caches) and carefully "visit" my personal TB through each one only to find out I accidently skipped find #2. The only way that I know of to correct the mileage on my TB is to delete all the logs after #2 and then re-log all my finds. The option to "edit" my finds list (such as the way you can reorder your queue in Netflix) would be invaluable.

I would deeply appreciate the ability to re-order my cache logs. Many times I have sat down to log a long day (20 or more caches) and carefully "visit" my personal TB through each one only to find out I accidently skipped find #2. The only way that I know of to correct the mileage on my TB is to delete all the logs after #2 and then re-log all my finds. The option to "edit" my finds list (such as the way you can reorder your queue in Netflix) would be invaluable.

The problem with reordering the logs is that each log is assigned a unique monotonically increasing log ID number at the time it is entered into the system. Moving logs around screws this system and would make it impossible to order logs by log ID. The Netflix queue, like many queues, are ordered on a time or by index number, which can be changed without messing things up.

I suggest GSAK which has a DipTB macro where you'd enter the TB info and the GC code of the missed cache and it will apply a "visited" log for you.

The problem with reordering the logs is that each log is assigned a unique monotonically increasing log ID number at the time it is entered into the system. Moving logs around screws this system and would make it impossible to order logs by log ID. The Netflix queue, like many queues, are ordered on a time or by index number, which can be changed without messing things up.

Actually it should be possible without changing the unique monoto-thingie. First option is to add another column to the database. This new column would contain the order that user wanted to view his caches in. Another option to to create a new associative table. Load it with log ID number. Then have a second column in that table for the order in which the wishes to see the logs.

Actually it should be possible without changing the unique monoto-thingie. First option is to add another column to the database. This new column would contain the order that user wanted to view his caches in. Another option to to create a new associative table. Load it with log ID number. Then have a second column in that table for the order in which the wishes to see the logs.

I did not realize that we were able to write to the Groundspeak database. That is how they order logs with the same log date and how they order the logs on your personal profile page. How do I write to the Groundspeak database and do what you suggested?

I did not realize that we were able to write to the Groundspeak database. That is how they order logs with the same log date and how they order the logs on your personal profile page. How do I write to the Groundspeak database and do what you suggested?

We, the users, aren't able to but this is the Feature Discussions and Suggestions forum. I was pointing out that if Groundspeak wishes to implement this suggestion as a feature that it is possible for Groundspeak to do so.

Edited by Glenn