Hiding cache

Ranger Roo

Am about to hide my first cache (about time!) and I wanted to check the sequence I should be doing things...

I have found a spot, gained permission and got a box with swag....is the next thing to hide it?? Or should I be submitting the coords to the reviewer first?

On the submission form there should be a box to check when you are sure that everything is OK.

If you leave this box unchecked it will not be sent to the reviewer - until it is.

This way you can make changes > add / delete details etc.

When you are sure all is OK - tick the box and it goes to the reviewer.

Once he/she has it and it is in the queue you cannot make any changes.

Preview your details - you should see this:

SubmitCache.jpg

Edited by Ken-B

2.1. Listing Guidelines that Apply to All Geocaches

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=307

2. Geocache must be in place before you enable the listing. Your cache should be in place and ready to be found at the time your cache listing is enabled online. If the cache is not ready for seeking, disable your cache listing so that it won't appear in the review queue and post a Reviewer Note explaining special circumstances, such as awaiting permission from a land manager.

B.

If the location is in a far-off place, then sending a message to your reviewer to check if the space is open first is not a bad idea. Saves you schlepping out there and back twice if it doesn't work out. We did this with our last cache because the container was heavy and where we wanted to place it was a 45 minute hike up the mountain.

As it turned out, the spot we wanted was not available (a puzzle final got there first) so we hiked an hour up the side of a different mountain and placed it there instead :D

If the location is in a far-off place, then sending a message to your reviewer to check if the space is open first is not a bad idea. Saves you schlepping out there and back twice if it doesn't work out. We did this with our last cache because the container was heavy and where we wanted to place it was a 45 minute hike up the mountain.
This is also a useful approach if you're planning to build location-specific camouflage that cannot easily be relocated to another spot of the location you have in mind is not available.