Missing caches in My Finds Pocket Query

I was looking at our "statistics" page on geocaching.com. I found the "My Home Location Statistics" box. I was going to play those specific locations to see what happens. With GSAK open and loaded with a freshly downloaded My Finds Pocket Query, I went to "filter" on these 6 caches. Much to my surprise, 3 of the caches listed on in "My Home Location Statistics" were missing from my pocket query, even though the cache pages clearly show that we have found them. In fact, there are exactly 100 caches missing from the pocket query. We should have 14,154 caches loaded in GSAK but only 14054 are listed. This may be a GSAK problem. No big need to solve this mystery, I just found it weird. Anyone else experience this anomaly?

In fact, there are exactly 100 caches missing from the pocket query. We should have 14,154 caches loaded in GSAK but only 14054 are listed.

Since you have 14,132 "distinct" caches, GSAK should display 14,132 caches and 14,154 finds. The only explanation I can think of for only getting 14,054 caches listed is that you somehow used an out-of-date "My Finds" file, but you said you used a newly downloaded one.

To see if it is GSAK stepping on them, have a look at the raw PQ before importing it. The GPX file is just XML text, so open it in Notepad and search for the GC code of the possibly-missing cache

frinklabs got it. The missing caches are in the raw PQ. I guess I'll be moving this question over to the GSAK Forum. Thanks.

Something to try in GSAK (if you haven't already), and they'll probably suggest this, is to create a new, empty database and import the new My Finds into that. This will eliminate the possibility that existing data in the current My Finds is somehow tainting the new import.

Something to try in GSAK (if you haven't already), and they'll probably suggest this, is to create a new, empty database and import the new My Finds into that. This will eliminate the possibility that existing data in the current My Finds is somehow tainting the new import.

It has been my habit to start with a fresh database just about every time I use GSAK. The only caches in the current database are from the fresh pocket query.

I thought I was starting with a new database each time I used GSAK since I "cleared data" each time I loaded a fresh pocket query. But I took your advise and created a "new" database then loaded the pocket query. Sure enough, all 14,154 caches appeared this time. THANKS for solving that. I still don't know what was "tainting" the new import. It is odd that the cache closest to my home (Folsom, CA), the cache farthest from home (Sydney, Australia) and the cache farthest south (Auckland, New Zealand) would be missing from the list. I don't know about the other 97 missing caches.

Thanks for everyone for the help and/or suggestions.

Sure enough, all 14,154 caches appeared this time.

Really? As CanadianRockies pointed out above, you should only be seeing 14132 caches, not 14154. You've logged a bunch of caches (as many as 22) as found multiple times, so while you've logged 14154 find logs, you've only found 14132 caches.

Anyway, that's odd how that database was ignoring those caches. I'm sure someone over at the GSAK forums could tell us why it was happening, but it doesn't really matter now that you've got it working. Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Sure enough, all 14,154 caches appeared this time.

Really? As CanadianRockies pointed out above, you should only be seeing 14132 caches, not 14154. You've logged a bunch of caches (as many as 22) as found multiple times, so while you've logged 14154 find logs, you've only found 14132 caches.

Anyway, that's odd how that database was ignoring those caches. I'm sure someone over at the GSAK forums could tell us why it was happening, but it doesn't really matter now that you've got it working. Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

You got me thinking about those multiple finds. I knew I had a bunch caches (moving caches & challenge caches) where multiple finds were authorized. Turns out that those multiple caches only accounted for about half of those duplicate logs. The rest of them were the result on faulty memory and poor book keeping on my part. Corrections made. I hope the Cache Police don't throw me in Cache Prison. :D